Friday 12 August 2011

Arrivederci UK, Buongiorno Italia!

I'm off to Italy tomorrow for five whole weeks.
Well, actually I fly to Nice, France and am spending the night alone in a hostel (scary) then heading to Italy on Sunday. I have met three other girls online who are going to the same camp orientation as me and I'm meeting them to get the train on Sunday so it's only tomorrow I have to get through alone.
I'm then going to be sent around the country to teach in camps and stay with host families, I hope to learn some Italian too.
I do plan to travel at the end and definitely want to visit Venice, Florence and Rome and I may meet some lovely people at camp who want to come with me.
I'm so excited but the fear that I've never done anything like this alone before is setting in.
I have got a hiking backpack and have packed extremely light so will have to wash as I go but shouldn't get annoyed by the amount of luggage I'm lugging round cities.
I'm expecting to spend most days with messy, curly hair and little make up but at least I don't know anyone so it won't matter!
I'm looking forward to lots of this....

Wish me luck, I'll keep in touch when I can.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you're off to the land of espresso, pizza and gelato! I'm sure you'll have the best time ever. Can't wait to hear more about your trip xxx

    ReplyDelete