Tuesday 28 October 2014

West Midlands Vegan Fest 2014

This weekend my Mum and I took a trip to Wolverhampton for the Vegan Festival 2014.


The first thing I was taken by was that it was a bargain at only £1 to get in, there was two whole floors of stalls, there was also talks and cookery demonstrations but we chose not to go to any. The stalls sold snacks, cold food, clothing and other goods. There was also a seating area with live music and hot food available.

Our plan was to browse all stalls before deciding on what to have for lunch, we then planned to go back for the things that we wanted to buy. This worked well until all this beautiful cake that we saw had sold out, there was lots of other alternatives thankfully!



For lunch we decided on a veggie burger, I had mine with 'cheese'.


We then went to one of the stalls and shared a giant chocolate twist!


Then it was time to go back and buy! Here is our haul:


My favourite stall of all was the Harper's Bizzarre candle stall, there was so much choice but we decided the yummiest was Bakewell Tart, Praline Ice Cream and my Mum bought Jaffa Cake for me, it's amazing! We also bought some recycled glass christmas tree decorations which I loved but they're all wrapped up until decorating time.


yaoh had 'buy one get one free' on everything so my Mum picked up some lip balms and bubble bath, we also both got a free sample of Mimi's Miracle foot scrub.


After tasting a sample we got some chocolate coconut milk from KoKo and we bought two tombola tickets and got some wine and some pickled onions!


We bought some Chicken Soup and Cheese and Onion Ten Acre crisps and then actually picked up some free BBQ and Sweet Chilli ones.


There was a few raw chocolate sellers there but our favourite was Sweet Revolution and we picked up these two bars.


Lastly, something really interesting to taste was the Egg Mayonnaise sandwich filler which was made from pasta and chickpeas, it was pretty good.

Whilst in the mood and in Wolverhampton we popped to Holland and Barratt to pick up a sos roll and some frozen bits.


I'd not tried the Country Pies before and they were really lovely and indulgent on a cold evening. I also really wanted to try the Booja-Booja ice cream as it's only made from water, cashews, agave syrup and cocoa. It was really lovely, I'd say as good as Ben&Jerry's!

No comments:

Post a Comment