Saturday 25 June 2011

Who are you?

Since I've started linking blogs up to Kate's listography I've been getting lots of new followers and comments on posts, which I love. However, I get considerably less views and comments on my own (un-linked) posts.

I've found a lot of mummy bloggers and I like reading these blogs but am obviously not at that stage in my life yet so I have been looking for some bloggers more my age recently, just out of interest. Yesterday I found Jane at tea-and-vegemite-toast and found she is 21 and studying the same degree as me in Australia, we seem to have a lot in common and to post about similar things so I was excited to follow her. She's been blogging for a similar amount of time as me but has a lot more followers and comments from people (although I have posted less often!).

I enjoy browsing anyone's blog but am interested to know how everyone gets so many followers? This is by no means me wanting to 'increase my popularity' I just want to meet more people who's posts I like to read and people who enjoy reading mine. What I would like to know if you're reading this is
-Who are you?
-Do you enjoy reading my blog?
-What do you like reading about?
-How did you find me?

I have a few school friends who read my blog and have their own blogs (even if they don't post much!) and my boyfriend and mum have the link and read occasionally. But my blog link is not something I would ever post on facebook- why? because it almost seems too personal. I think I show a different side of myself on my blog because I can be honest and not know who will read it.

I have friends at Uni that I would talk to about anything and be completely honest with, I would say I was completely myself with them, yet I don't think they would be interested in reading my posts.
My housemates and other friends know about my blog, I discuss things with them that I have written on here yet they accept it, without any desire to read it. I don't think about who I'm writing for on here, I write what I want to write.

I'm interested to find more blogging friends, people who's blog I look forward to reading and who I have something in common with. Suggestions would be much appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment