Sunday 26 June 2011

Loving Life

SOPPYNESS WARNING!!


Yesterday was mine and my boyfriend's two year anniversary. We're long distance for most of the year but spend each long summer together. I find it really difficult when we're away from each other for a long time but since I've been home and spent lots of time with him in the last week I must declare I am very happy and in love :)


Right, Soppyness over.


To celebrate two years together we went out for a meal on Friday night at a local pub/restaurant. It was very nice, I had red onion tarte tatin with Shropshire Blue cheese, potato rosti and buttered spinach which was lovely. The Boyf had sausage and mash and I was jealous of the creamy herby, garlicy mash!


For pudding he had blackberry and apple crumble and I ordered white chocolate and pecan parfait as an experiment (I didn't know what parfait was!) anyway, it was basically extra frozen ice cream in a 'slab' and it was nice. We discussed the waiter's slow service and the pub dog who begged for food but it didn't spoil it!


Yesterday we went to Ludlow. We had discussed staying a couple of nights in Ludlow in a couple of weeks but after changing our minds and booking two nights in York instead, we decided to go for the day.


Ludlow is in the same county as us but it still took about an hour and half to get there. We drove through the rain and arrived in sunshine, when we drove through the town to park it reminded me of  parts of Cornwall. When we walked past fish bars and restaurant advertising langoustines  I found myself looking for the sea to find there wasn't one, I felt it should be by the coast.


The boyfriend knew a cafe to go to for lunch, he had a venison burger (urgh!) and I had smoked salmon and homemade pesto on bruschetta- yummy! We wandered around the castle but didn't pay to get in. We had ice cream too , he had ginger&mango and turkish delight (urgh- why would you want ice cream that tastes like flowers?) and I had fudge and pistachio.




There was lots of lovely looking houses.
On the way home we stopped in Church Stretton for tea, even though the tearooms were closing, and saw this beautiful house entrance.

However, being students, we did think of how annoying it would be to come home drunk and to have to walk up all those stairs!

We had a lovely day but having left after about 3 hours of walking around I am glad we didn't book to stay in Ludlow as we would of ran out of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment