Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mothers day weekend

I went home this weekend for mothers day celebrations and also for my Grandma's birthday which is tomorrow.
On Saturday we had a relaxing day, I bought mum these flowers....
and she and I had fun making dark chocolate truffles to give to Grandma. A messy and lengthy process but it was well worth it!

On Saturday evening Mum and Dad went out for their anniversary and I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting (Snickerlicious) then hid the evidence!
I presented them to her on Sunday morning along with a box of Lush bath goodies.

The cakes didn't turn out quite as planned as the icing was a flop. But I rescued it, and even if I say so myself, they tasted delicious!

Then Grandma arrived and we had cake, tea and chocolate. We had a lovely lunch (M&S deal) which Mum didn't have to cook (really), then I drove us to pick out a handbag for Grandma as her birthday present and we came back and had a walk.

Overall it was a lovely weekend and I got some spending money from Grandma which was burning a whole in my pocket. I went into the city yesterday and spoilt myself to some spotty converse and a Jelly Belly scented iPhone case (it came with free sweets).




No comments:

Post a Comment