Wednesday 14 March 2012

England

Since leaving college something I've really missed is lying on the field in the sun in free lessons, feeling carefree.

I've never had the chance to do this a lot since, Uni work piles in the last term and then over the summer I have the chance to sit in my garden alone on the random sunny days but am often trying to earn money.

I reminisce about this now as I realise I will be spending most of my summer in Italy when i go back to work at camps again (June-August). Of course this involves a lot of sun but it's just far too hot to sit out or even be outside for long. I didn't really see much greenery or open space either.

I've come to realise that I love Italy but I really really love England. Yes, even the weather. That small amount of sun we get is much more appreciated and the plants look so fresh and healthy.

There are lots of other reasons why I love England like drinking tea and traditional afternoon tea,cake and scones. What's not to love? Tea parties are like my favourite thing ever!

I also love spring, the daffodils are so bright and happy and it just cheers me up!


2 comments:

  1. Spring in England is lovely. (Not that I've actually experienced spring anywhere else, but still!) I've often said that I love how green this place is.
    We are spoiled with greenery! P:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I love English spring, especially the flowers and the lambs! I do miss having time to sit under the trees in the sun outside college, too :(

    ReplyDelete