Friday 4 May 2012

AfterBath!

I was right, I avoided the post birthday blues by shopping!
I went on Wednesday as we had a day off uni, and got myself a big box of Lush goodies with my gift card and some silver earrings.

The set is called Happy Bathday and I chose it because it only has Bubble Bar's and Ballistics and I currently love the Bubble Bars to use in the bath. Also, as it was birthday themed, it was nice to open it up and find a streamer and a party horn (the blowey outy things!).
I chose it because I prefer the fresh fruity smells.
This is what's inside.
I chose to use the Blue Skies first and used half in one go which made a lovely blue bubby bath but the smell was a bit disappointing as it smelt relaxing and almost like lavender (it was supposed to be patchouli, maybe they're similar) and I wasn't a massive fan. I'm hoping that fizzbanger will please me tonight!

Yesterday was my last ever day at uni of year three! It feels very strange to think I'm not actually going to have any more seminars until January since I go straight into school in October.

Today I booked my nail appointment as a birthday present so I'll be posting about that next Friday and tomorrow I have a beauty makeover booked at Benefit so that should be fun!
I also made some candles today!
I ordered a set of wicks and sustainers of the net and used all the wasted wax from the candles I'd already burnt. 
I had some pillar candles that burnt a tunnel down the middle and wasted about two thirds of the wax and they all happened to be purple so it worked out! One of them had been in a glass jar so I washed that so I could use it again and found a lovely cup and saucer in the charity shop to use.
This was the result.

It was actually relevantly easy to do, the difficult thing was keeping the wick straight as it set (and clearing everything up in the kitchen!). But they are burning well and looking pretty!

1 comment:

  1. I love teacup candles! Your one is so pretty :) Awesome way to repurpose wasted wax as well.

    ReplyDelete