Tuesday 28 February 2012

Getting There

I went to uni today, all day. This was the longest I have been out of bed for 8 days, I almost feel proud of myself.

Last Monday afternoon I got a terrible feverish headache and after university went to bed for a nap, got up for tea, then back to bed.
That was basically my routine for all of last week. Technically I didn't miss any uni because I was in a school from 9 o'clock until about 11 which was just enough to get through before heading back to bed with illness.
This weekend didn't improve and involved only venturing out to Blockbuster for more movies to watch in bed.

I missed uni yesterday to prepare myself for important lectures today and try and improve myself.
This morning I had no choice, I had two important seminars about my assignments, a blood test and then a rather pointless, puppet making session.

I made it through the first session, started flagging through the second but went to my blood test and was ok through lunch, I even made it to the library (get me!).
The puppet making session was painful, it seemed the I didn't need yesterday's introduction because it wasn't difficult but I worked through it and made it home early.

After a day of sleep yesterday but hardly any last night I am currently knackered!
I've told myself I need to stay awake until at least 9pm to sleep through until tomorrow but that is proving difficult. I think another trip to Blockbuster (14 day free trial) and a visit from a friend is in order then a very early night.

I feel stupidly proud of myself for being awake all day and going to uni. I can see how it is so easy to feel sorry for yourself and slip into the habit of staying in bed being lazy.
I can't imagine suffering from depression and not leaving the house for days, the smell and feel of fresh air is lovely.

I just hope this virus business is coming to an end, I like normal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment