Wednesday 20 August 2014

Nottingham Food and Drink Festival



On sunday me and a friend went to 'Nottingham Food and Drink festival'. It was a really good day. We stumbled across a glass blowing demonstration first and watched the guy make a glass swan and then a wine goblet with a coloured glass twisted stem. It was really interesting to see it made in different stages using the different tools. 

After looking around some of the stalls we came across a cooking workshop and I learnt a lot about microwaves! I didn't know I could cook ratatouille in a microwave and I learnt an easy strawberry mousse recipe with only fruit, marshmallows and yoghurt, it was tasty too! 

We also came across a wine tasting session, as a non wine drinker I actually still found it pretty interesting to know how it's made and where the different tastes come from. 

 At the end of out visit we headed to the biggest demonstration tent to see Levi Roots cooking. He was really funny, we of course had a 'reggae reggae sauce' sing a long and he cooked jerk chicjen and carribbean slaw. 

We enjoyed looking around all the stalls and tasting some bits and bobs. At lunch we checked out all the options but I opted for a carribbean chicken wrap which came with rice and peas and slaw and ginger beer which was yummy. My friend went for a bison burger. Later we had delicious ice creams, I had ameretto and black cherry and chocolate flavours.


No comments:

Post a Comment