Tuesday 26 August 2014

Summer Lovin' #5


Here is what I've been up to this week-

Monday- I spent the day making a cake for my mums birthday. I wanted to make a vegan chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, unfortunately this took two attempts because I burnt the first one!

Tuesday- It was my mums birthday and her and my dad came to visit me. She was very excited to see the cake and the flowers I bought her. We then went into town to Las Iguanas for lunch. After some shopping we stopped at a veggie cafe to share a vegan chocolate torte and rum and raisin sponge cake. It was a lovely day and I think my mum had a good day.



Wednesday- I spent the day doing jobs but I did buy a new nail polish.

Thursday- I went to Lincoln to visit a friend. I saw her two new kittens and went to a tea house for the hugest and tastiest afternoon tea. 

Friday- I picked my friend up from the airport and then we headed to our holiday cottage for the bank holiday weekend in Winster, Derbyshire. We arrived to see the amazing garden and view of the countryside. In the evening we ate at the pub in the village which was lovely, we then played card games and Disney trivial pursuit!

Saturday- We drove to Bakewell for lunch  and I tried the traditional Bakewell pudding and custard- it was nice but very different to Bakewell tart! We then went to Matlock Bath which is just like a seaside town that isn't by the sea! We played on the 2p machines and went to the aquarium. After a food shop we had pizzas and curly fries at the cottage and played more games. 

Sunday- we had a lazy start then went to the local pub for a Sunday roast. We then went on a walk, we took the public footpath and ended up in the woods and had walked four miles in the end! We then played a lyric board game and cranium. 

Monday- Once we had left our cottage we headed back to Bakewell to the market. We then went to Chatsworth house, it was raining but we walked around the gardens a little. We looked around the house and I had an amazing cheesecake. 

That's it for this week, only one week left!


No comments:

Post a Comment