Sunday 3 August 2014

Summer Lovin' #2

What a lovely week I've had!

Monday- A friend came down from Birmingham and four of us popped to get some picnic food and went to Newstead Abbey. The grounds are lovely and I liked the hedge maze.

Tuesday- I had a bit of a sick day but enjoyed some chocolates and did some painting.

Wednesday- I met with a friend for lunch and we walked around the park in the sunshine.

Thursday- Met another friend for breakfast and had delicious pancakes then drove back to my parents house.
Friday- Got the train to London with my Mum, we shopped in Tottenham Court Road, Soho and Covent Garden. We then went back to the hotel to freshen up then we ate at 'Rabot 1745'- a Hotel Chocolat restaurant. I had mac'n'cheese pie which was yummy. Then we walked along by Tower Bridge and across it, I found this Julia Donaldson bench.

Saturday- We left the hotel and had bagels for breakfast, we then went to the Tate Modern. We went up to Soho to Beatroot Cafe for delicious vegetarian food, there was a selection of salads and hot food to fill your box. We also had a vegan blueberry and almond muffin there which was yummy. We then went to the Take One Picture exhibition at the National Gallery which I love as I trained in it at university. Before heading home we headed to Camden Town to 'Cookies and Scream' for a delicious but huge vegan cookie ice-cream sandwich.

This week has been a lovely one and the trip to London with my Mum was amazing, I love mini-breaks! What have you been up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment