Sunday 15 May 2011

The Art of the Chocolatier

I came home again this weekend to pick up my car which has been repaired so it's good as new- yay!
My Mum had just bought one of these...
An electric chocolate melter, she'd seen them at Cadbury world and had her eye on them since because she loved the molten chocolate they give you to sample. So we decided to have some fun, we made dark chocolate crispie cakes, then mum dipped some marzipan for her friend and made some chocolate hearts for Dad.
Then it was my turn and I was very excited! I'd bought Galaxy chocolate and little raspberry pieces, cashew nuts, rice crispies, rainbow sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles. I filled the moulds with a random selection of bits and pieces then poured the melted chocolate on top.
Before chocolate...
when cooled...
and they were...Delicious! The Galaxy and Raspberry worked particularly well.

Mum has since made marzipan and jam chocolates and cappuccino chocolates with white chocolate tops and Green&Black's espresso chocolate bases. 

Yesterday, I handed CV's out around my house to get a job for the summer and by the end of the day I had two potential jobs! One in a little garden centre tearoom and one behind a bar. Mum and Dad had been painting the kitchen all day so we went out for tea to celebrate. Dad had steak (he was rebelling against living in a veggie house!) and it was served raw on a 400 degrees saltstone so it cooked as you cut it! I went for veggie fajitas and had to battle the ultra spiciness, I managed but the ice cream for pudding helped!


1 comment: