Monday 9 May 2011

To Infinity and Beyond!

On Friday, I had a belated birthday celebration at my Uni Student Union. It was two weeks after my actual birthday because we were all away for easter and it was the first convenient time, I wasn't complaining, It feels like I had a two week long birthday :)
The theme was TOY STORY!
I was very happy to have Ivy Gilmore and Bizzle coming to visit me, friends from home. I decided to be Buzz Lightyear, I'd put quite a lot of effort into my outfit, I'd painted some cardboard wings and some white gloves. I'd sewn a couple of tops together and decorated it with the relevant 'buttons' .etc., I even painted my shoes! I was pretty pleased with my costume and added a laser button to my arm and painted my nails just in case I lost my gloves.
The party supplies were out, Including toy story cupcakes made by me (I piped them myself but bought a set to get the decorations) and vodka jelly shots.




People started arriving and I was pleased with the effort people put into the costumes apart from a few 'college Andy's (pfft!) we had another Buzz, 2 Wheezy's, a Mr Potato Head, Totoro, Rex, Bo Peep, a Soldier and the Surveillance Monkey. I got some presents too, a massive box of Jelly Belly's (see Silent Sunday) and a necklace from my housemates and a Woody pen and a Disney mug.
Anyway, the predrinks went well except that everyone was determined to get me drunk and regrettably I chose a creamy drink, urgh, never again. Anyway, once I got past that we headed of to the union and had lots of fun dancing until they chucked us out because of a fire alarm.
The next day was spent recovering but I had a great night and I am glad to everyone who came, especially Ivy and Bizz!


Mr Potato Head, Wheezy and I (minus gloves).

1 comment: