Monday 17 October 2011

Sugar Coated Temptation

After going back to my housemate's house this weekend for Birthday celebrations I am suffering from an overdose of sugar!


Friday was amazing, too much alcohol was consumed and my new heels were far too uncomfortable but a good time was had by all, especially the birthday girl (BG).


After driving back on Saturday we went to a Mongolian BBQ with self service veg, meat, sauces and spices. It was really cool, I went a bit OTT on the spices the first time but the second was delicious. Oh and the puddings.....yummy. I had black forest ice cream with cherry brandy and BG had After Eight Medley with mint ice cream and menthol liqueur.
After her parents surprised her with a game of 10 pin bowling and I did pretty well in the second game (after breaking a thumbnail) and was pretty proud of myself!


Sunday was BG's proper Birthday. We went swimming at a posh gym which was nice then had a buffet lunch and Chocolate ganache cake! 


On the drive home we popped to my house to see my parents. They'd been to a chocolate exhibition in London on Saturday so gave me some lovely presents and some biscuits to bring back. I weighed myself while I was at home to find I could do without them really!


Thanks Mum and Dad!

The coffee cake isn't going down too well!

We got BG a ball of sweets!




Since coming home I've gone a bit sugar crazy, cake to use up, BG's sweeties and my chocolatey gifts. I think I'll need to go swimming a few times this week, I did inquire about joining a local gym with a pool but somehow for £65 a month I don't think so!
Anyway, No need to feel guilty really, food is meant to be enjoyed, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment