Sunday 15 June 2014

Vegan Nottingham

This weekend my Mum came to visit me, my favourite thing about her visiting me is that we always find new places to go. My Mum is Vegan and living in a city is great for finding alternative places to eat.

Friday night-
 
On Friday night we went to Las Iguanas who actually have a seperate Veggie and Vegan menu if you ask you it. As a meat eater myself I had the chicken flatbread with curly fries and a side of Nachos. My Mum had the Vegan Gringas which is a tortilla with refried beans and butternut squash, she had a side of Cassava Fries which I have to say were nice, slightly potato and cheesy tasting.
 
 
Saturday midmorning-
 
 
On Saturday we stopped for a coffee and cake at Cappuchaino and I was so surprised that pretty much all of the cakes were vegan, we shared a Vegan brownie.
 


Saturday Lunch-


For lunch we stopped for lunch at Broadway Cinema who had a lot of Vegan choices. I opted for the 'not dog' with vegan sausages and it was really yummy, as were the wedges. My Mum had the 'Veganwich'- Houmous, carrot and spinach.

It was really nice to eat at some new places and my Mum was so pleased that it was so easy for her to eat what she wanted as I know it can be quite tricky. If you are Vegan, I would also highly recommend Alley Cafe and Annie's Burger Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment