Tuesday 3 June 2014

Watercolour Dinosaur

On Becky Bedbug's FF post last week she featured this etsy watercolour dinosaur in her wishlist. I also fell in love with it as a dino-lover but I thought i'd give it a go making one myself.
 
 
The first thing I did was print out a dinosaur colouring page.
 

The next thing I did was cut out the outline to create a stencil.


I then use watercolours and the stencil to create my painting using purple and blue. I'm actually really pleased with how it came out and it was so simple.


Top Tips- there was some bleed in my picture which I think could be avoided be using card as a stencil rather than just paper, by using thicker watercolour paper or by somehow sticking the stencil to the paper securely to avoid the water seeping under it. There is lots of experimenting to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment