Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding Cupcakes

Today I am very proud of myself! I have been experimenting with baking and piping icing recently and, as you may have read, not been very successful. Today I had promised Mum I would bake for our Royal Wedding party but that meant that I couldn't go wrong.
I went shopping for the perfect piping nozzle, the infamous Wilton 1M!
I followed the icing recipe exactly and found where I had been going wrong, real butter! I automatically put margarine in a recipe even if it says butter, using real butter in my icing made it the right consistency and made it set! Yay!
Along with the right tools, I could finally make my cupcakes look professional (well, nearly) and this made me very happy.
Plus they were tasty.


My Handiwork

I had a go at Rosette icing and it worked pretty well, need some practice at being neater though.

I made victoria sponge cupcakes (some with jam), chocolate cupcakes and lemon drizzle cake. No mistakes!

3 comments:

  1. The piping looks great! Where did you get the big nozzle from in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing! This summer we need to do an Afternoon Tea do - lots of cake and tea (well, coffee for me)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use margarine too but I'm going to try using real butter now because these look amazing! I really want some cake now...

    ReplyDelete