Wednesday 9 February 2011

All Things Edible.

Today's blog: I'm considering being a food blogger!


My parents came to see me at Uni on Sunday and took me to a Vegetarian restaurant that my mum had found on the internet called Alley Cafe (she's really good at doing this and finds lots of new places!). She had the directions and I realised why I'd never noticed it before, it was down a little alley and then up some stairs and it didn't really look like anything at all.


We got up there to find a bar, bench area and a few tables, I looked at the specials menu and was intrigued by lots of the choices, it was nice to go somewhere with my kind of food! I decided on a veggie breakfast (because I'd been craving one), infact my mum and dad both had the same. I tried veggie bacon for the first time, which was kind of nice, just like smokey flavoured Quorn slices, and was glad to see mushrooms and a delicious hash brown on my plate.
They also offered a Sunday roast which would have been a surprise to order really, it looked like the Wetherspoons veggie roast when I saw someone else who'd ordered it but a little more interesting. I was also intrigued by their cocktail menu and was tempted to have a hot chocolate with a shot of Cointreau but it didn't seem appropriate. I decided I'd like to go to the bar one night with my flatmates but I doubt it's their kind of thing.



After browsing around the shops for hours we decided it was definitely time for cake we decided to go back to the Alley Cafe! We had all been tempted by the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake on the specials, and the brownies and rocky road! We shared two cheesecake slices and it did not disappoint, it was AMAZING! I was very surprised when I was told (by a waitress with dreadlocks, like many people in the cafe!) that it was made with tofu, something I have also never tried. Unfortunately, the cafe is not really in my student price range and none of my flatmates are veggie so I probably won't be a regular but it's nice to find somewhere new!


http://www.alleycafe.co.uk/


Also, on the food front. I bought a huge box of 340 teabags yesterday to feed my habit. I have just finished my second cup of tea after making two at once to keep me going!
Definitely loving this site right now- http://www.lovetea.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment