Thursday 17 February 2011

Happy times to follow Sad times...

I've had two very stressful days so as I am having a moment free of stress I thought it would be a good time to write a blog :)

So, This was my Tuesday: I went to  placement, got stressed having to repeat every word a million times in a writing activity with the children. It wasn't an awful day but we had to stay late for staff meeting and then I got stuck in traffic. Then...someone crashed into my car. I stopped at a traffic jam and the person behind me didn't! I sat in shock in the car then got out to see the damage. It would have been alright if the driver had accepted responsibility but apparently him and his friend were incapable of doing that and shouted at me. They blamed me and asked me for money on the spot, I was not happy. I drove home with a cracked, indented bumper and a number plate half hanging off.
I then spent the whole evening stressing to my parents asking them what to do and didn't get any work done at all. I also super glued my registration plate back on stuck my fingers together, but with a combination of margerine (read it on the internet) and a hot shower, it came off.

Wednesday was slightly better but only because no-one crashed into my car! Another stressful day of tiredness, acheyness, children's injuries and more writing activities. 

However today was better, I had a seminar this morning which was fun because me and my friends bitched about the course, various lecturers and I made a football and a pyramid with maths resources. Then I stayed in uni to do some work, had a cake and some lunch with my friends. I had a tutorial giving me more work but managed to not get stressed because I have a week to do it.
I then came home and managed to fix the light on my car that was hanging by a wire in front of my reg. I checked my e.mails and found out I have a place this summer teaching children in Italy! I'm now very excited to hand my assignment in tomorrow, have two hours of lectures then go home to be looked after! 

Let's hope next week runs a lot smoother....

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got their details! You are definitely not to blame. The law is that if someone crashes into the back of you, it's their fault, even if you suddenly slammed on the brakes for no reason or something like that. Hope next week is better for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did. I know yeah, we're going to get a quote for the damage then get them to pay. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete