Tuesday 22 February 2011

Domestic Bliss (nearly!)

I had a lovely time at home with my parents this weekend, On Sunday I decided I fancied doing some baking and cooking.
The first thing I baked was a Banana Bread, a family favourite. A recipe I had cooked millions of time in many variations, some had  gone well, others hadn't. I stuck to the usual recipe and it all seemed to be going well and came out of the oven like this.


However, It quickly sunk and the consistency changed to that of a brick. The realisation then came that I had used plain flour instead of self-raising and not remedied it with baking powder. I have done this many times before but thought I was out of the habit by now, I really must pay more attention.

I then decided to make Oat Biscuits, another recipe we'd used a lot at home and I was a fan of. Thankfully, these went well and I'm enjoying one now with a cup of tea :)


Still in the mood, I decided to make tea for my parents. I decided on a simple but delicious starter of cream cheese, smoked salmon and olives (but not for me).


I had already prepared the sauce for my homemade Spaghetti Bolognaise from my own recipe (thought up as I went along). I have to say it was delicious, It tastes best with Quorn mince and this time I added carrot, mushrooms, pepper and onion.


Although I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the low fat cheese my mum bought, tastes like feet :/
If anyone would like the recipe for any of these please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment