Sunday 6 March 2011

I love Weekends!

I've made a decision...instead of making excuses every time I mention food in my blog, I've decided this might as well be a food blog. No more excuses, I love food! I will obviously talk about other things but cooking, baking and eating excites me so why not?

So this weekend involved another rather un-necessary but exciting trip to ASDA for lunchbox fillers. My next mission was then to buy a lunchbox. When searching for pretty ones online I came across some cute Bento boxes.
This got me searching Bento and I'm amazed at the effort that people put in to their food, for example....


That really is art! I was tempted to buy a little cupcake Bento box from paperchase but I know that I really don't have the time or the patience to do anything fancy. I found this blog too which is brilliant http://bentoanarchy.blogspot.com/ .

I ended up just buying a clear lunchbox and decorating it with stickers but I did make the effort of making a little fruit salad to go with my sandwich tomorrow.
I also made some banana bread/ muffins yesterday because the loaf tin I used was only tiny and i had some left over, it turned out pretty well (not quite as well as at home because the oven is rubbish) and was eaten very quickly. So I have a muffin in my lunchbox too, I may also experiment with cold quorn (chicken style) nuggets later in the week.

Last night's tea was one of epic proportions. My housemate had a couple of friends over and they were going to get a takeaway but I suggested we had a mexican night and we did, two lots of Nachos and Fajitas all round (quorn for me) and it was delicious, best idea i've had in a while! Shame no-one wanted to draw moustaches on themselves though, my other suggestion.

Then, as a treat and a break from planning today, me and V had strawberries and dipped them in melted chocolate, heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment