Wednesday 30 March 2011

Mothers Day Specials

I've decided to give my mum a menu this weekend and on sunday I will cook her the three courses of her choice. I've picked some family favourites and some new recipes that I want to try (all of which I know she will like). So I'm excited to see the results.
My mum's on holiday at the moment so I know that she won't read this post and ruin the surprise, and even if she did she would have more time to choose! Also, Please comment and let me know what you would choose.


Mothers Day Specials
Starters-
Rocket and Olive Salad (served with/without feta)
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese parcels
Bruschetta with Ratatouille
Roasted  Whole Garlic with Baked Camembert and Bread
Baked Camembert with garlic bread
Selection of Breads, Oils and Olives
Nachos with Refried Beans and Cheese

Mains-
Mushroom Risotto
Spinach, Feta and Sun Dried Tomato Strudel  I found this on 
Veggie Mama's Blog and really want to try and make it.
I hope you don't mind me using the picture Veggie Mama.

 Spaghetti Bolognaise with Garlic Bread
Quorn Vegetable Fajitas
Vegetable Lasagne
Toad in the Hole with Vegetarian Sausages and Broccoli
Homemade Pizza with a choice of toppings

Dessert-
Cheese Board with Crackers
A selection of Brownies available on request including Cheesecake and Peanut Butter I hope mum picks these!
Chocolate Cheesecake
Norwegian Apple Cake
Sticky Toffee Pudding and Custard
Cupcakes of any variety! I've just bought a piping bag for icing cakes and I want to try it out but unfortunately my mum isn't the biggest fan of icing.
Chocolates served with Coffee


No comments:

Post a Comment